- The Foundation fielded a team of 18 runners in the British 10k Run on Sunday 12 July. The total raised to date is over £6,000 with more to come from Justgiving. Click here for a full report and video
- A very successful football tournament in aid of the Foundation was held on Sunday 21 June in Gladstone Park, Neasden. Congratulations to the winning team Karbala and many thanks to all the players, match officials and supporters
- Haidar returned to Lyndhurst House School to report back on his recent visit to Najaf. He talked about where their fundraising dollars were spent and told them about some of the young and elderly patients he was able to help
- Sharon and Haidar gave a presentation on the work of the Foundation to the Iraq Relief Networking Forum on Tuesday 17 February
- On Thursday 20 November, Haidar took assembly for Lyndhurst House School, telling them about the work of the Foundation, why he founded the charity and how the money they were raising will go directly to helping young and old regain their sight
- During Ramadan (September 2008), Haidar gave two presentations about the work of the Foundation, one to the Islamic Unity Society and the other to the Shia Ithna Ashari community of Middlesex.
- In October 2007, he spoke about the charity’s work at the Haydari Centre in Streatham, south London.
- In September 2007, Haidar travelled to Stockholm to address the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
- In September 2006 Haidar gave a presentation on ophthalmic services in southern Iraq at the Royal Free Hospital during a North Thames Regional Study Day.
- Vision for Iraq event at Friends Meeting House, 9 March 2007
- Poster display at Imperial College event in November 2005